Perhaps you aren’t up for a full Signature Portrait Session or Branding Session. Maybe you just need to get a quick update or are having a simple family session. Here are ten tips to prepare so you still look your best!
- Wear clothing that fits well and doesn’t bunch or stretch.
- If you have light skin, do not wear white, beige or pastels. If you have dark skin, don’t wear colors that are too dark. Subtle contrast is what we’re going for, not blending.
- Choose clothing that makes you feel professional and confident. Avoid cleavage, patterns, shiny fabrics, logos, or sleeveless styles.
- Layers give texture that adds interest.
- Simple jewelry (stud earrings or small hoops, simple chains) is less distracting.
- Apply your makeup as though you were going out to a nice dinner or a wedding. Avoid heavy foundation, shimmer, or contouring.
- Choose eye and lip colors that are just a shade or two darker than your skin tone.
- Fill in eyebrows if necessary.
- Hairspray is your friend! Even if it’s lightly applied, it will help avoid fly-aways.
- Drink plenty of water and get a good night's sleep before your session.
Want more tips? Search for the keyword Style Tips on the blog menu and scroll back a bit to find more information.
Women are multi-faceted, and I love helping them share images that show their authentic, beautiful, confident shine! How do you want to be photographed? Let's meet over coffee and talk about it. Contact me: text/call 434-226-0365 or email [email protected].