I’m working on a comprehensive checklist that covers the timeline of preparation for your custom portrait session so you feel confident you are fully prepared and ready to go. Your confidence shows in your expression and demeanor, and we want this to be fun and relaxing, not stressful!
Once you’ve booked a photoshoot:
- Create an inspiration Pinterest board and share it with me, so I know what you’re thinking and can start planning sets.
- Choose your look(s), and gather your outfits and accessories… or ask about selecting something from my client wardrobe.
- Hydrate! Drink plenty of water (aim for at least 64oz) every day for at least a week before your session.
- Touch up your roots or hair color the week before. It’ll still be fresh, but any staining on your skin will have faded.
- Treat yourself to a Mani- Pedi! Your nails will show, so make ‘em look good. A neutral color is recommended… or something that will go with every outfit.
- Wax or thread your eyebrows at least three days before.
- Shave/Wax/Trim other unwanted hair – especially for boudoir sessions.
- Cut out any tags that may show.
- Prepare and pack outfits the day before.
- Clean your jewelry, including your wedding and engagement rings.
- Pack up heels and accessories.
- Gently exfoliate the night before your shoot.
- Eat! A healthy meal before the shoot will help you keep up your energy.
- If you’re having a Signature Portrait Session, come with dry, “day old” hair and a clean, moisturized face.
You’ll find more tips and ideas on what to wear elsewhere on the blog, and I’ll send my Client Guides ahead of time.
Women are multi-faceted, and I love helping them share images that show their authentic, beautiful, confident shine! How do you want to be photographed? Let's meet over coffee and talk about it. Contact me: text/call 434-226-0365 or email [email protected]