These are some of the details that can help make or break the images in your photo session.
- Mani-Pedi: Do your nails a few days before your shoot; your hands will show!
- Hair color: If you color your hair, make sure it’s touched up.
- Hair removal: This is a must for sleeveless or short outfits. If you are waxing, have it done at least a week before your session, so that any irritation has time to clear up. Boudoir session? Don’t forget that bikini line... please!
- Tanning: Just Say No! Tan lines are not very attractive... and removing them is not included in my retouching without an additional fee (that’s how strongly I feel about it). Spray tans that are less than a week old can still “run” under hot studio lights, and will potentially ruin clothing.
- Clothes/Jewelry: Make sure all your garments are clean and pressed, then put them in a hanging garment bag. Put your shoes in a box or another bag so they don't get your clothes dirty. Also, keep jewelry separated so they don't get tangled up in each other. Clean that lovely engagement ring!
- Rest. Hydrate. Relax. Get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of water the week before your shoot. Once you are in front of the camera, I’ll worry about how you look, fix anything out of place, and pose you in the most flattering positions.
Ready for some great photographs? Let’s get to know each other over coffee (or smoothies… or milkshakes…), and talk about celebrating your life’s true beauty in images you love. You can reach me at [email protected] or (434) 226-0365.
My Promise: Together, we will create amazing photos you’ll want to share. How do you want to be photographed?