I would love to share your beautiful images with others on my website, in social media, and in sample physical products. I will not do so, however, without your written consent.
Here’s my Model Release, section by section, and what it means:
I authorize Margaret “Maggie” McCanna, the Photographer, to use and to create images for promotional material, online usage, and other areas of marketability. I further authorize the distribution of photographs to potential clients of the Photographer for portfolio purposes. I agree and understand that the photos will be taken digitally.
If you step in front of my camera, I’m going to take pictures of you, and this authorizes the photos and their use however I’d like.
I further acknowledge that I will not be compensated, either now or at any time in the future, for any use of marketing, and that the Photographer of such photos exclusively owns all rights.
In other words, I will not pay you for the use of your image, should it bring me more business. Also, I own the copyright to the images (even if I grant you print/reproduction rights).
I also hereby waive all rights and release the Photographer, and shall neither sue nor bring any proceeding against the Photographer or her agents for any claim or cause of action whether now known or unknown, for defamation, invasion of right to privacy or personality or any similar matter based upon or relating to the use and exploitation of the photos.
If you allow me to take your photos and agree to let me use them, you cannot sue me for taking your photos and using them.
I also consent to the use of my own name or any fictitious name which may be chosen in connection with the aforesaid photographs. I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect and/or approve the photographs or any advertising copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
I may use your name, or I might make up a name… and I don’t have to ask you first how I use any of the photos. [As a side note, I do not tag clients on social media unless you want me to; you are welcome to do so yourself, however.]
If you are a Boudoir client, I also ask that you initial one of the following:
Boudoir clients, initial ONE: _____ All photos may be used _____ Anonymous photos only
In other words, I will not publish any image that is identifiable as you without your permission. This means I may use images from your session, but will not show your face, any birthmarks or tattoos, personal jewelry, etc. I’m open to discussing a limited model release, as well: you may decide which select images (of those I wish to share) are able to be used and which are not to see the light of day after delivery to you.
I agree that I have read and understood the contents hereof, and that I have the right and authority to execute this release.
If my model is under the age of 18, I not only ask the child to agree, but also ask that a parent or guardian provide their consent for my use of images of their child(ren).
Most importantly, if you do not want to sign a Model Release for use of images from your paid session, that is perfectly acceptable, and I will abide by your wishes to remain anonymous.
Ready for some great photographs? Let’s get to know each other over coffee (or smoothies… or milkshakes…), and talk about celebrating your life’s true beauty in images you love. You can reach me at [email protected] or (434) 226-0365.
My Promise: Together, we will create amazing photos you’ll want to share. How do you want to be photographed?
(4) January (4) (4) February (4) (5) March (5) (4) April (4) (4) May (4) (5) June (5) (4) July (4) (5) August (5) (4) September (4) (4) October (4) (5) November (5) (4) December (4)
(4) January (4) (4) February (4) (5) March (5) (4) April (4) (5) May (5) (4) June (4) (4) July (4) (5) August (5) (4) September (4) (4) October (4) (5) November (5) (3) December (3)
(5) January (5) (4) February (4) (4) March (4) (4) April (4) (5) May (5) (4) June (4) (3) July (3) (4) August (4) (4) September (4) (5) October (5) (4) November (4) (4) December (4)
(5) January (5) (4) February (4) (4) March (4) (5) April (5) (4) May (4) (3) June (3) (4) July (4) (3) August (3) (4) September (4) (5) October (5) (2) November (2) (5) December (5)
(5) January (5) (5) February (5) (4) March (4) (5) April (5) (4) May (4) (3) June (3) (5) July (5) (4) August (4) (5) September (5) (4) October (4) (4) November (4) (2) December (2)
(3) January (3) (4) February (4) (3) March (3) April May June July August September October November December