Looking your best in photos can be helped by selecting outfits that suit your body type. Some general tips:
- If you have a straight body (shoulders and hips are about the same width, and your waist doesn’t have much definition to it), you may be able to create a more “shapely” figure by wearing snug (not tight) clothing. Color-blocking may work well for you, too.
- If you have an hourglass figure, with a very defined waist, play up your shape with form-fitting V-neck tops and pencil skirts.
- If you have a pear-shaped body, with wider hips, an A-line dress is a good choice. Tops that draw attention upward are best (think: interesting necklines).
- If you have an inverted triangle shape (shoulders wider than hips), you may want to enhance the hips with a flounce or peplum, or an A-line skirt with a simple, fitted top.
- If you have an oval (or apple) shape, with a waist at least equal in width to your shoulders and hips, you may want to add shape with a deep-V neckline. A belt might help create the illusion of a more narrow waistline.
Regardless of the shape you choose, it is more important that your clothes fit properly, not too snug nor too loose. If you aren’t comfortable, it will show in your photographs. Wear what you love, and your true beauty will shine!
Interested in learning more about lingerie fit? See my post here.
Now that you've got the perfect outfit, find out more about a session with me here and here. No perfect outfit? We can play "dress up" with items in my studio wardrobe.
Ready for some great photographs? Let’s get to know each other over coffee (or smoothies… or milkshakes…), and talk about celebrating your life’s true beauty in images you love. You can reach me at [email protected] or (434) 226-0365.
My Promise: Together, we will create amazing photos you’ll want to share. How do you want to be photographed?